Take no chances
Konecranes has supplied more than 100 large turbine hall cranes to nuclear power plants as well as hundreds of these types of cranes to non-nuclear power plants. Konecranes turbine hall cranes include many design features to improve performance such as on-board diagnostics, precise positioning and remote operator’s controls.
We also understand the importance of the bottom line so we provide one of the most weight efficient designs in the industry, which not only reduces the initial cost of the crane but also reduces the cost of the crane support structure. For those applications where the highest degree of safety is required, we offer our SUPERSAFE? single failure proof design, which includes the most advanced safety features in the industry.
Turbine crane features
- Shop tested prior to delivery
- Highly reliable solid-state crane controls
- On-board diagnostics provide continuous operator feedback?
FOR EASIER, LESS FREQUENT MAINTENANCE
- Direct access to maintenance points
- Optimized maintainability based on over 50 years of nuclear experience
- Forged steel wheels with precision bearing housing for longer wheel and rail lifetime
- Electrical enclosure designed for easy access and quick maintainability
FOR SAFETY AND ERGONOMICS
- Walkways and platforms to maintenance areas
- Fail-safe operator controls
- Overload protection system
- Optional single failure proof design is available
FOR LOWEST LIFECYCLE COST
- Design based on total cost of ownership
- Fewer spares and less maintenance
- Weight optimization to reduce overall costs
- Infinitely variable speed control provides precise positioning
- User-friendly operator controls
- Optimized hook approaches maximize lifting capability